Pages

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Catholicgauze in DC: Part I

I will be in DC this weekend to lay the foundation to visit friends and former co-workers, lay the foundation for the future, right universals wrongs, and other fun things along those lines. Blogging may be a bit light but I'll try to keep it steady. Consider this Friday's blog post.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part I: Bad News Along The Way

Recent news release make me wonder if going to DC is a completely wise thing. According to Rep. Steve King, Washington D.C. has a death rate than Iraq. Washington has 45 violent deaths per 100,000 people while Iraq only has 27.51.

While that sounds a bit ridiculous it is believable when one knows geography. Most deaths are occurring in the Sunni Triangle while Kurdistan is peaceful and the only problem in the south is between rival Shia militias.

The second deadliest place in America is Detroit with 41.8 violent deaths per 100,000 people. Detroit is a stop on my plane flight to DC, dangit!

No comments: