Pages

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Online Mapping Sites Review Comparison

While I slowly gain strength to continue my review series of online mapping sites I wish to point you all to TechPoint blog by Ansiguy. He has made a comparison of Google Maps, Yahoo Maps, and Mapquest and comes to the same conclusion as I did: Yahoo Maps kicks butt!

Maps compared

Yahoo maps beta

Google Maps

Mapquest

Data

Navteq and TeleAtlas

Navteq

TeleAtlas

Technology

Flash/Flex

Ajax

Traditional

Drive from/Drive to

Yes

No

No

Multiple stop points

Yes

No

Yes

Categorized classifieds

Yes

No

No

Satellite

Yes

Yes

No

Reverse direction

Yes

Yes

Yes

Round trip

Yes

No

No

Points of interest

Yes

No

No

Send to cell phone

Yes

No

Yes

Graph by Ansiguy

Be sure to read Ansiguy's blog!

Category: Neogeography

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering about this recently. Glad to have your quasi-expert opinion.

I'm a big fan of Google, so it's easiest to use their maps, but I find their driving directions to be at least 20 minutes off every time. On the plus side, Google's finally integrated Metro stops into their maps (Yahoo's had them for some time). However, once Google Transit goes wide, I can't imagine Yahoo competing.