Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Preparing to Come Home

My time in Iraq is almost done. I have officially handed over my position though I will still come into work for short periods of time. Power issues have forced me out of my can, a third divided into three rooms with one person in each room. I have moved to the outskirts of a base into a former Iraqi Army office building which was turned into a gym by Coalition Forces but more or less abandoned late last year. Besides a gym and the sixty or so empty beds I found a 72" television, an X-Box 360, and internet to occupy myself. Until then I sit and wait to go back to the United States.

2 comments:

JonH said...

Great to have you back. I'm looking forward to more posts and hope your time in Iraq went well.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are soon on your way home. I hope your time there was of benefit to you.