Pages

Monday, April 10, 2006

Who were the Proto-catholicgauzes?

My investigation of the proto-catholicgauzes via the Genographic Project and other means continues.

After doing a long Google search I found that the Little Family DNA Project had some information which aided me. DNA maps of the British Isles, Europe, and the World gave me a good idea of R1a's journey and settlement.

It appears that R1a is big in the former Eastern Europe, Russia and Norway. The areas in the British Isles where R1a holds it own are Shetland, Orkney, and the Isle of Man. These areas were once ruled by Norway way back in the Viking days. However, none of these places are English. The London area has a marginal R1a population of four to one percent. So where did my R1a'ers come from? The odds are against Norway. Perhaps Huns? The search continues.


Category: Miscellaneous

1 comment:

Dan tdaxp said...

Definitely a puzzle!