Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Your Young Geographer Could be a Reality Show Star

Geography@About features this blurb in which your child could be geography reality television show.  Mark Burnett Productions, the creative force behind Survivor, The Apprentice and Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? is searching for young people (ages 6-12) who are geography experts for a new television network series set to air in early 2010. If you think your child fits that description, contact Joshua Robinson at jdrcasting@gmail.com or (310) 903-5438. The casting deadline is Friday, November 20.

I suspect that this will be very much like my experiences as a young contestant in the National Geographic GeoBee:  hours of feeling incredibly smart and popular until the moment someone asks a question about mountains in Antarctica that I had no clue what the answer was.  It can be a fun experience as long as one remembers to enjoy oneself and keep fun instead of winning at all costs in mind. 

1 comment:

sgenius said...

I'd wish to postulate myself, 26 years in the past. If that were possible, that is.

On the other hand, I hope the show will be going on when I have my own children :D