Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Oxford's Guide to Buying an Atlas

The very first atlas I remember was a National Geographic photo atlas of the world. Each country had a short blurb about it along with a data box with the basic information about the place. But what I remember most were the pictures. Seeing each wonderful location helped draw me into the field of geography.

The photo atlas was a great introduction but as I became more serious about geography I needed a more complex atlas. With many atlases out there sorting through all them was a bit of a hassle. I was notified by Oxford University Press that they have their own guide on what to look for in an atlas. The guide should come in handy for those who want to buy their special geographer spouse/friend/child an atlas for the upcoming holidays.

No comments: