Pages

Friday, November 23, 2007

What American accent do you have?

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.



North Central



The Midland



Boston



The South



The Inland North



Philadelphia



The Northeast



What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz




Another online quiz to test your American accent. This one is short and seems pretty accurate. Catholicgauze has spent most of my life near the border of the Midwest (North Central) and the Old West. Meanwhile, I do have difficulty sometimes understanding a coworker from Brooklyn.

For a future post I will see if I can find some foreign English accent quizzes. Do I sound more like someone from Sydney or Perth? Time may tell.

7 comments:

Dan tdaxp said...

I'm from Midland, followed by West, South, and Inland North.

I'm furthest away from North Central, apparently.

Anonymous said...

I'm from Philadelphia?? your mom

MDIJim said...

Great link. The quiz correctly caught (pronounced "cot") my Boston accent. Thanks.

Deaner said...

It said that I was: Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri). I was also pretty close to being from the South too. Moving around coupled with academia has made me develop an accent that is pretty ambiguous.

Jay@Soob said...

The West. Which is odd given I'm very much from the north east.

Anonymous said...

Wow, deaner and I both have Midland accents. This quiz is wronger than hell.

Catholicgauze said...

Okay, maybe it isn't so accuarate (it seems dead on or dead off). Y'all Tock Funny, ya hear will be the standard accent quiz for the blog.